Oh, Seattle.

Nov - 01 2023 | By

To begin,   this is the year of 2023. A day in August on a Wednesday. In the middle of summer,

We had just got in the car. The doors had just shut, and the motor on Dad’s car had started. Dad owned a blue Tesla. We called it the blue tiger. We pulled out of the driveway. My sisters and I had no idea where we were going. Since we had no idea where we were going, we  thought that Mom and Dad thought it was funny. We thought that it was definitely a surprise. There was a 1,000,000,000% chance that it was a surprise. We started on the freeway, we knew if we were on the freeway we would be going somewhere far away from our City of Marysville. It was a warm enough day, so I was wearing very thin leggings, a shark t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. I brought sunglasses just in case. As soon as we arrived in Seattle we were  pretty  confused. We didn’t know if we were going to a museum. If we would taking a fairy to an island. If we were going to mopop.( Mopop: the very  interesting building right next to the Space Needle. 

We parked next to mopop but since we weren’t in the mopop parking lot, we had a hunch that we were going to the space Needle. We got out of the car and walked right past mopop.  Madelein Marina and me (Morgan) Definitely thought we will go into the Space Needle. And we were correct!!!!! We went in the line to the Space Needle. There were metal detectors so we had to walk past them. Dad had to leave his Leatherman in the car so  the metal detectors wouldn’t go off, like crazy.(Letterman: dad’s Metal tool that has a lot of metal items like… scissors, and a knife, tweezers, and probably a whistle.) 

Since Dad left his Leatherman in the car, we were able to pass the metal detectors. Since Dad left  his Leatherman, we were finally in the Space Needle. As soon as we got in we saw the gift shop which means the bottom level. The Space Needle was so tall and fancy. We had to wait in a line to they elevator. I went in the back of the line we were just kind of in the middle. As soon as we got inside the elevator we gasped, The View was so important to my mind. The elevator was fancy. There were a lot of people so it was kind of crowded. There were also tour guides in the elevator for some reason. Marina started to make a whimper sound. then she said, Get me down,

After that she made a whimper noise and a whining noise.Then she started to whisper,”Get me down, get me down, get me down,Get me down, get me down, get me down.

The elevator was not in the Space Needle. It was sort of next to the Space Needle.  Marina was definitely freaking out. You could totally tell that she was freaking out! So Mom and Dad was  telling her to stop.

But she kept whimpering . Her whimpering was soooooo annoying I could not withstand the noise of the wining. I could not put out my apologies to Marina that it was so high up. It was not my fault!  So I could not make her stop  or do anything! The elevator felt like it tolk 1,000,000 years! It was a long elevator ride. We finely stop’t!

“Freedom” I said . We walked out of the elevator, we were some of the last people out of the elevator!  Since we were some of the last people out of the elevator, we had to wait a little bit. As soon as we got out, we gasped The View was impeccable. We moved to the spinning part of the Space Needle. the floor was glass on that part. Yes yes, GLASS! Marina started to freak out. She started to squeal the tiniest scream came out of her mouth. It was quiet, but very high pitched. It was annoying.  Mom and Dad finally convinced Marina to stop and take a breath in and out so she wouldn’t die.  Well she wouldn’t die she would just think she could. 

After we finish exploring the top of the space needle, we went to the gift shop on the bottom level of the Space Needle. It was sooooo cool. Since it was so cool, we bought at least one souvenir, I got a flashing keychain with my name on it. After that we went out to the food court to get some lunch. I got Starbucks for lunch. It was “Delicious” I had said. After we went and ate lunch at the food court, we went to a few of the malls. After that we went on one of the Monorails. since there was no seatbelts we moved like crazy on the Monorail. Then we went to a Nordstrom, I’m pretty sure it haved 6 stories . I mean 7 stories. After we went to Nordstrom we explored Seattle. We passed the cheese factory. We looked through the window and we saw a giant tub of melted cheese. We saw them make blocks of cheese the blocks that were not cut, were ginormous. Since it was so fun we went back to the Space Needle. we went to the parking lot, and got the car. We had bought a few snacks at the food court so we ate them. I feel like it took 3 days to get back. but it barely even took an hour. “Morgan, Marina,Madeleine,” Mom said. “Yes,” My sister’s said in Unison with me. “It’s rush hour traffic, Mom said. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,”  I said.

Then  Marina said, “ Do you want to play the spelling game?”

“Fine” I said,”

“ Okay the first word I choose  is, banana,”

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,” I’m not doing the word banana”. I said! 

You hafto”. Said Marina.

“Nooooooooooooooooo,” I said. My family erupted with laughter.

” ha ha ha ha, ” the car was rumbling with laughter. My family can laugh hard, and harder in my heart.

1 Comment

1. Becky - Eleanor's mom says:

What a fun trip to the Space Needle!

Write you response